HW to clone a sata disk

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Sun Feb 14 16:55:31 UTC 2010

I don't think that what you're trying to do will work, as you may have
occasions where your USB connected drive may not be
available...additionally, you would have needed to set up the RAID
mirror at install time.

Might I suggest MondoRescue and that USB drive? You can use the USB
drive as a target onto which Mondo can place it's backups, and then,
in the event of a hard disk failure in the laptop, you can burn the
requisite discs from which to boot and recover your setup.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 12, 2010, at 11:20 AM, Sreekumar Padiyath <kumar.padiyath at gmail.com