YP Client communicating with NIS+ Server

Joseph, Matthew (EXP) matthew.joseph at lmco.com
Mon Feb 22 16:14:44 UTC 2010

Hello,

Currently our network is primarily Solaris 10 with a few Solaris 8 and a
few Red Hat 5 PCs.

Our name service we are currently using is NIS+.

What I am trying to do is run NIS+ in YP Compatibility mode to allow our
Red Hat PCs to talk to our NIS+ Server and get the user, password,
group, cred, and automount tables to allow easier access for our users
to the network resources.

Currently I was able to get every NIS+ table to work with YP except the
autmount.

YP can do a "ypcat" on the table and read it fine. It comes up with no
errors so it should be able to automount the directory.

I can manually run the "mount" command to mount the directory that needs
to be mounted so there is no communication problem between the client
and server.

Our NIS+ Server is running the Solaris 10 OS and the client is running
Red Hat 5.4 WS.

If someone could give me and idea of where to go from here that would be
great.

Thanks.

Matthew Joseph