installing new packages on 64 bit RHE 5.4

Phebe_Mertes at aotx.uscourts.gov Phebe_Mertes at aotx.uscourts.gov
Sat Jan 2 21:57:27 UTC 2010

using google you should be able to track down copies of these libraries but

if Dropbox is 32 bit, you will need libraries built to run on the 64bit box
that are meant for 32 bit applications. RHN provides i386 libraries in
their x86_64 channel

unless you ask for the query format, an rpm -qa after installation only
shows the name and version, not the architecture.

rpm -qa --queryformat "%{NAME}, %{VERSION}, %{RELEASE}, %{ARCH}\n" | grep
rpmname

or an   rpm -qi of the installed package can also show the architecture