SNMP trap multiplexer/replicator in RHEL

Marius Pana marius.pana at spanning.ro
Tue Jan 19 15:28:26 UTC 2010

On 1/19/10 11:00 AM, "Haridas, Rijeshk (NSN - IN/Bangalore)"
<rijeshk.haridas at nsn.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> How is it possible to configure a trap multiplexer for SNMP in RHEL.
> It is like if I get a trap in the strandard SNMP 162 port,I need to forward it
> to some other ports on which my application can listen.(only one application
> can bind to 162,so I need to forward to some other port).
>
> Warm Regards
>
> Rijesh K Haridas

Hi,
Not exactly sure what you're trying to achieve but you can use iptables and
redirect port 162 to whatever other port you need. See here:
http://linux-ip.net/html/nat-dnat.html

If you need snmp on port 162 to process the trap but also have the same
unprocessed trap go to another server than I suggest you look into snmp trap
forwarding. See here:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/eserver/v1r2/index.jsp?topic=/diric
info/fqm0_t_enabling_snmp_access_and_trap_forwarding_for_linux.html

Success,
Marius