Process take long time to write to NFS filesystem.

Eugene Vilensky evilensky at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 22:50:28 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 4:18 PM, unix syzadmin <unixsyzadmin at gmail.com> wrote:
> We are using a export from NetApp V-Series V3070 appliance.
> We don't have access and I do not know anything more about this.

For starters, your mount options are not what is specified by NetApp
for a Linux kernel NFS client.  Check the NetApp documentation for
correct mount options.

In general terms, do you know if you have enough back-end spindles
dedicated to this workload?   df output should be nearly
instantaneous.

Is this a dedicated GigE or better network?  Are jumbo frames enabled?
 Are proper flow-control settings enabled on the switchports and
storage system?

How many local disks do you have when you test this application with local disk?

It sounds like you have an improperly setup/functioning storage system
serving your NFS.  I would investigate this thoroughly first and
follow proper recommendations from your storage vendor.

-Eugene