getting updates

Ben bda20 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 7 13:28:20 UTC 2010

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010, Sir June wrote:

> What is the difference between running up2date -u on my RHEL boxes against
> using RHN website and applying the errata?  I tried once and it seems it's
> more faster for the updates to be applied from the command-line while its
> being scheduled via RHN.

Obviously one is being done _there_and_then_ when you run "up2date".  The
other is being scheduled and therefore by definition even if you ask for it
to be done as soon as possible you have to wait for the machine(s) you
scheduled the errata update(s) for to check in with RHN.

Simple.

Ben
         Life Is Short.          It's All Good.