One silly chmod question

"Fábio Jr." fjuniorlista at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 17:02:08 UTC 2010

Hello,

You could try to do the inverse. Put the apache user in the group of
user1, that you use to make the upgrades. Set the owner of the files to
user1 and allow then be edited by group (g+w). So the apache user can
read and execute the files.

If you use any king of upload function, or any other thing that makes
apache to write files, add group write permission to the directory where
appache will write.

Other solution is to write a script that executes every 1|5|15|30 min
(your choice) via crontab, that perform a chown in the directory you
want to change ownership.

[]s

Fábio da Silva Júnior - fjuniorlista at gmail.com
----- http://fabioojunior.wordpress.com -----