vncserver :30 -geometry 1452x1000

Dave Martini martini1 at llnl.gov
Fri Jan 15 16:50:35 UTC 2010

On RHEL 5 can I setup different passwords for different
display #'s?

When I initially setup a machine as a vncserver for the first time
with this command

vncserver :30 -geometry 1452x1000

I get prompted for a password.

But if I setup another display # I don't get prompted to enter a password.

Can I setup another display and have it be a different
password?
Is there only one $HOME/.vnc/passwd file?

Also, how is this different from setting up a vncserver
using the Remote Desktop GUI under System -> Preferences?

# vncserver :30 -geometry 1452x1000

New 'eclp2r:30 (root)' desktop is eclp2r:30

Starting applications specified in /root/.vnc/xstartup
Log file is /root/.vnc/eclp2r:30.log

Thanks.
Dave Martini
LLNL