best way to make a full backup of a system

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 10:11:25 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I have just installed and configured a RHEL Server and now that this work is
finished I want to make a complete backup of it. The goal is that if it
breaks I can recover it as quick as possible.

I always use the tar commad to do this task but, perhaps, now there are more
advanced tools to do this task. For example, I have been testing
virtualization and I would like to do something like restore a virtual image
but with a physical system. So it could be great to make an image of the
system and have an easy way to restore this image in the system.

How do you make this?  ideas?

Thanks in advance

ESG