best way to make a full backup of a system

Chang-Hong Su csu4 at fedex.com
Fri Jan 22 01:57:29 UTC 2010

Mondo Rescue is the best.

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of ESGLinux
Sent: 2010年1月21日 PM 6:11
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: best way to make a full backup of a system

Hi All,

I have just installed and configured a RHEL Server and now that this work is
finished I want to make a complete backup of it. The goal is that if it
breaks I can recover it as quick as possible.

I always use the tar commad to do this task but, perhaps, now there are more
advanced tools to do this task. For example, I have been testing
virtualization and I would like to do something like restore a virtual image
but with a physical system. So it could be great to make an image of the
system and have an easy way to restore this image in the system.

How do you make this?  ideas?

Thanks in advance

ESG