best way to make a full backup of a system

madunix madunix at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 09:22:07 UTC 2010

I use multiple tools to image linux system only (my best one is mondo) ,
1- use Mondo Rescue to clone linux systems:
http://www.mondorescue.org mondo its only for linux distro, not for
windows system in order to image your system and create bootable
CD/DVD download mondo for your distro
ftp://ftp.mondorescue.org more info read this manual
http://www.mondorescue.org/docs/mondorescue-howto.pdf

2- You can use dd also. dd if=/dev/somedisk of=/dev/somedestination

3- rsync scripting

4- netcat
On the source server: (cd / && tar -cvf - ) | nc x.x.x.x 2000
On the destination:: nc -l -p 2000 | tar -xvf -

5- http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

6-http://clonezilla.org/

i use all the above, the best is mondo and clonezilla

madunix