Dynamic interface using iproute2

cliff here c4ifford at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 13:49:26 UTC 2010

I have a question regarding this with a slight twist... I used to have some
code that made a  bri (bridge) interface.. now the overall goal of this was
to share an internet connection. Kinda like MS windows Internet Connection
Sharing... does anyone have an up to date way on how to do this?

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Gustavo Schroeder <gutosch at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've always used iproute2 with a fixed IP, which makes things easy to
> get the address in order to insert it into other dynamic tables. My
> issue is that now, the IP is going to be dynamic; one will use
> dhclient to get the IP but I'm puzzled on how to insert it into
> dynamic tables using redhat features.
> Here's the scenario:
> - interface A receives dynamic IP using dhclient
> - once iface A is up, one needs to get the current IP address an push
> it into a dynamic table
>
> This is perfectly achievable using a post-up interface script, since
> the iface is up and has an IP I can easily get the addr. Is such a
> feature supported in redhat using an /etc/sysconfig/route-ethX or
> rule-ethX approach?
>
> Regards
> -Gustavo

NOTICE: This message, including all attachments, is intended for the use of
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message
to its intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
immediately by replying "Received in error" and immediately delete this
message and all its attachments.