HP OpenView Agent, coda error on RHEL 5

Wahyu Darmawan Wahyu.Darmawan at ag-it.com
Tue Jul 6 11:00:27 UTC 2010

Hi,
This system has 64 bit of RHEL 5.4.

Thanks,

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Wahyu Darmawan
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 5:55 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: HP OpenView Agent, coda error on RHEL 5

Hi gurus / experts,

I have installed OVO Agent on Linux Server (RHel 5.4), but we are having problem that coda agent stopped, we have tried to remove coda* files then restart the agent but coda agent only running in few second than stopped again, please see the status below :

[root at cl01csidbp log]# ovc -status
ovcd        OV Control                          CORE         (409)    Running
opcmsgi     OVO Message Interceptor             AGENT,EA     (1137)   Running
opcmsga     OVO Message Agent                   AGENT,EA     (663)    Running
ovbbccb     OV Communication Broker             CORE         (417)    Running
opcacta     OVO Action Agent                    AGENT,EA     (1142)   Running
coda        OV Performance Core                 COREXT                Aborted
ovconfd     OV Config and Deploy                COREXT       (436)    Running

and from System.txt we found :

0: ERR: Tue Jul  6 15:49:49 2010: coda (1149/47935645262256):  FATAL ERROR Module: /view/coda1050_lx26_64/crm/cbox/product/thingdb/thingdb.cpp  Line: 135 Message: ><Corruption in free space table - lost freespace Last global error: No such file or directory
0: ERR: Tue Jul  6 15:49:49 2010: ovcd (409/1103616320): (ctrl-94) Component 'coda' exited after very short runtime, therefore it will not be automatically restarted. Use 'ovc -start coda'.

Maybe one of you have a solution. I would appreciate for your solution.

Thanks,
Wahyu