Re: where is uudecode in RHEL6 Beta?

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010, fred smith wrote:

On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 03:50:51PM -0400, R P Herrold wrote:
On Wed, 7 Jul 2010, fred smith wrote:

Is there some OTHER tool that is now being shipped in place of uuencode/
uudecode?

openssl

sorry, but I don't see how openssl can substitute for uudecode. I just
did a rpm -qlp against the openssl package and there's no uudecode
hiding therein, either. figured it wouldn't hurt to look... :(

I think Russ meant using:

	openssl base64 -in <file>

The openssl tool can be used in many useful ways, it's not just a library package.

--
--   dag wieers,  dag wieers com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --