Dos attack on SSH

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Jul 12 01:03:23 UTC 2010

Tanweer Noor wrote:
> use /etc/hosts.allow option for ssh and for Apache check your httpd.conf
> file for options.

fail2ban.

	mark

> ~Tanweer
>
> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Raj Har <raj4list at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>               i want stop DOS attack(like limited IP address or limited
>> users can access my ssh server {for users i know allowusers option}) on SSH
>> service by ssh configure file not by iptables.
>> Is there any option in ssh please update me.
>>
>> I need same thing in apache web server i want limited users can access my
>> website.
>>
>> Thanks
>> --

   We must make clear to the Germans that the wrong for which their fallen
leaders are on trial is not that they lost the war, but that they started
it. And we must not allow ourselves to be drawn into a trial of the causes
of the war for our position is that no grievances or policies will justify
resort to aggressive war. It is utterly renounced and condemned as an
instrument of policy.  -  U.S. Supreme Court Justice Robert Jackson, U.S.
representative to the International Conference on Military Trials, Aug. 12, 1945.