OpenOffice 3 for PPC

Jose R R jose.r.r at metztli.com
Sun Jul 25 06:39:24 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 8:26 PM, Mehdi <mehdi.public at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For some reason I need OpenOffice on RH5 PPC, there was a PPC linux build on
> OpenOffice.org web site but while installing and running OpenOffice I get
> these errors...
>
> /opt/openoffice.org3/program/../basis-link/ure-link/bin/javaldx:
> /lib/power6/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by
> /opt/openoffice.org/ure/bin/../lib/libuno_sal.so.3)
> /opt/openoffice.org3/program/../basis-link/ure-link/bin/javaldx:
> /lib/power6/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by
> /opt/openoffice.org/ure/bin/../lib/libxml2.so.2)

I do not have Red Hat at hand, but other people have experienced
similar issues as above with other software. Please read the
suggestions at:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/install-rar-support-on-rhel-742764/

If building your OpenOffice from source, you may find this PDF of some use:

http://www.bytebot.net/talks/2005_OOo-miniconf_lca/OOo-on-PPC.pdf

> --
> Yours Sincerely, Mehdi Hassanpour
> /* Of one Essence is the human race,