Reduce Time_Wait timeout doesn't work...

Hello!

I'm new in this list. I hope you can help me and I can help to other from now.

I'm trying reduce the timeout of TIME_WAIT tcp connections status, but I don't get it.

I set the value of /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_fin_timeout to 15:

echo 15 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_fin_timeout

I think that this should be sufficient, but the SO continue kill connections after 60 seconds of TIME_WAIT, instead of 15...

Can you help me?