mpath

I booted lately several RHEL5.1 Bladecenter servers with multipath, the
multipath has been implemented typing mpath during the booting installation
from CD.
For our disaster recovery, we found that the linux rhel5 system wont boot up
from replicated SAN LUN using device mapper multipath ... its reporting
kernel panic and cant e2fsck files system to continue ctrl D and type root
password ...etc
in order to boot the system we remounted in read/write mode and edit
/etc/fstab then removed the mpath dev from boot disk, the system was able to
boot

madunix