Fwd: Problems with numa

Margaret Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Fri Mar 5 22:32:11 UTC 2010

I added "numa=off" on the kernel line in grub.conf.  I am running
2.6.18-164.11.1.el5.
I renamed the executables for numactl so they could not be found.

/usr/bin/numactl-bad
/usr/bin/numademo-bad
/usr/bin/numastat-bad

I rebooted successfully, but the messages keep coming every two minutes.

I can't delete numactl.

rpm -e numactl
error: Failed dependencies:
	libnuma.so.1 is needed by (installed) libvirt-0.6.3-20.1.el5_4.i386
[root at hurricane ~]#

I need email reports such as logwatch and our backup reports, so I
can't turn off
sendmail.

What other options are available?

Begin forwarded message: