lvreduce and lvextend

Joy Methew ml4joy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 16:32:27 UTC 2010

If u want reduce logical volume u should unmount partition.
if u want extend logical volume unmounting in not necessary.

i would like to suggest some steps for reduce & extend.

1. for reduce logical volume for ext3 file system.
A.*umount /home
B.**e2fsck -f /dev/mapper/myhost-home
C.**resize2fs -p /dev/mapper/myhost-home 3G
D.**lvreduce --size 4G /dev/mapper/myhost-home*
E.*resize2fs /dev/mapper/myhost-home
F.**mount /home*

2 Lvextend

*lvextend -L+1G /dev/myvg/homevo