Linux: How to distinguish SAN disk from local disk and also the type of SAN disk.

Hi,

We have RHLE AS3 running on Dell servers.
We have not used any multipath software and seems like there is SAN storage
presented.

Please suggest / recommend how I will be able to distinguish a local disk
from SAN disk.
Also is there any command that can be used to query the disk attributes and
determine the kind of SAN (EMC, Hitachi etc).

Thanks