remote logout of the local login

Hi,

We have a linux box with multiple user accounts. I logged in locally at this office box, went home and now I need to logout from my account so that another user can login into the box locally. Can I logout remotely from my local login session? "Googling" it gives me suggestion to use "skill -KILL -u myloginname". I did not try it yet. Is there some other way?

Thank you,

VOV