Problems with numa - how to setup configuration options

I have a system on which numa is running, but numa is not supported by the hardware.
I am getting very frequent emails.

I understand that I I can turn numa off at the boot prompt by typing in "numa=off" I am not always at the system's console when I reboot the system and I am not the only person that may reboot the system. Is there a way I can turn numa off
permanently?

Can I add "numa=off" to the end of the kernel line in /boot/grub/ grub.conf?

kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.18-164.11.1.el5 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet crashkernel=128M 16M