Problems with numa - how to setup configuration options

Margaret Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Thu Mar 4 15:45:07 UTC 2010

I have a system on which numa is running, but numa is not supported by
the hardware.
I am getting very frequent emails.

I understand that I I can turn numa off at the boot prompt by typing
in "numa=off"
I am not always at the system's console when I reboot the system and I
am not
the only person that may reboot the system.  Is there a way I can turn
numa off
permanently?

Can I add "numa=off" to the end of the kernel line in /boot/grub/
grub.conf?

kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.18-164.11.1.el5 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
crashkernel=128M at 16M