can a 32 bit process use more than 2GB?

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 17:36:20 UTC 2010

Hi,

I´m running a 64bit kernel but the application is a 32bit application.

So I suposse that I only can address 4Gb.

But I´m still with the doubt about handling a 5G file. Can´t I open a 5 GB
file with the 32bi version of vi? (in the future I will rotate them but now
I have a lot of file of that size and more)

Greetings,

ESG