From: cliff here [mailto:c4ifford gmail com]
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2010 10:18 AM
To: Asim Zuberi 1993 njit edu; General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: RedHat: OS management Qs?

Kickstart file with the exact parameters of your install is located as
anaconda-ks.cfg in your /root

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Asim Zuberi <az6 njit edu> wrote:

Hello All -

Two Questions:

a)      how can I take the snapshot of an installed OS distribution on a
system and apply the image onto another system?

For example: on Solaris, I can use "flash archive" to capture the OS
installed image and then use jumpstart to install

the OS on to another system.

b)      how can I perform a live upgrade of the installed RedHat system? Use
up2date or yum? What is the preferred approach?

Can someone please send me the steps or point me to the online procedures?

thanks in advance,

--Asim;