RDAC capable of hot removing unmapped LUNs?

GT4NE1 GT4NE1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 17:36:37 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm running RHEL 5.2 64bit with RDAC 09.02.C2.16 attached to Sun
StorageTek 6540 LUNs. According to the RDAC docs, the "hot_add -d"
command should remove any unmapped LUNs without having to reboot, but
Sun support says rebooting is the only way. I've tried "hot_add -d"
and it doesn't work. Can someone confirm or deny. If rebooting is the
only way, that is a huge flaw in the RDAC drivers considering that is
the only officially supported RedHat multi-path driver for the 6540
according the compatibility matrix.

http://www.lsi.com/compatibilitymatrix/

I'm using Emulex LP211002-S running firmware 2.72A2 and 8.2.0.22
driver version if it matters.

Thanks,

-GT