IBM Blade with DS8100

Matias Villarreal matiasnicolas at live.co.uk
Sun May 9 13:43:08 UTC 2010

you have to get in the BIOS of the Blade and deactivate the way the blade boots, I think it's on the  PLANAR SAS option, try to put that on "disable" (dont remember where it's that option, look for it) you have to deactivate that. Then you have to get in the Qlogic BIOS (control+q) select the port then look for the "bootable settings". There u have to indicate the LUN from where the OS will be booting. You'll be specifying one path of the LUN you assign, because the Qlogic doesnt support a whole lun to boot. After that, u must be booting from tha SAN.

Teel if u could.