iSCSI LUN sharing

Nicoli Stupinski nstupinski at gmail.com
Tue May 18 19:21:58 UTC 2010

I have a system running RHEL 5.5 that has one iSCSI LUN mounted.  I would
like to share this same iSCSI LUN with another RHEL 5.5 server, mounted as
read-only (or even RW, if possible, but not required).

I can mount the LUN from the second system but it doesn't noticed any
changes that were made to the filesystem by the first system, the one with
RW access.  I have to unmount/mount the FS on the second system to see those
changes (files added, deleted, etc).

It seems that I need something like GFS to do this, but I don't have the
Advnaced Server license, just RH Enterprise Linux.

Can I acheive this by other means?  Samba, NFS?  If so, what would be the
best route to take.

Thanks.
Nic