LVS or Failover : OpenAIS & Pacemaker

Bob Sauvage Bob.sauvage at gmx.fr
Wed May 12 05:34:11 UTC 2010

Hello people !

I work on Redhat 5 and I want to make a simple failover on my Web server. What is the best solution ?

I read some articles about LVS but is it possible to make a failover with it ? I know it is possible to make a load balancing in round robin, but I saw nothing about a simple failover with it.

If it is not possible with LVS, I know OpenAIS & Pacemaker. Is it the best solution ?

My project is : If my web server 1 is down, the second take the relay and all the customer requests are redirected to him. (With or without a director)

Thanks a lot for your help !