Matlab throwing errors about not finding libXp.so.6

Bay E. Grabowski bay at umail.ucsb.edu
Fri May 14 01:03:38 UTC 2010

Hey, all. I've recently installed RHEL5 to run Matlab-based tools on.
Installing worked fine, after a bit of cdrom mount wrangling, but I
get the following error when I try to run "matlab":

/opt/MATLAB/bin/glnxa64/MATLAB: error while loading shared libraries:
libXp.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I am running the 64-bit version of RHEL and Matlab. I tried to install
libXpm, but that did not solve the problem. Running "locate libXp"
reveals that only libXpm.so.4 was available to the system. Can anyone
help?

Thanks,
--
Bay Grabowski