burn mp3's with k3b (RHEL 5.5)

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sun May 23 17:18:51 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 03:30:49PM +0100, Bill H wrote:
> I use:
>
> k3b-libs k3b k3b-common and k3b-extras-freeworld and mp3 burn fine for
> me ....
>
> Hope thats useful.
>
> Bill
>

> On 05/17/2010 10:52 PM, Kevin Kempter wrote:
> >Hi all ;
> >
> >anyone know which packages I need to burn mp3's via k3b (on RHEL 5.5) ?
> >
> >thanks in advance

It seems to me that the answer depends on exactly what the OP has in mind...
if he wants to transform the MP3 audio into an auio CD, then he needs some
appropriate tool so that K3B can do the transformation on the fly. Not
sure, but perhaps that's lame.

OTOH if he wants a data CD containing MP3 files, just grab and burn. that
should be all.

Dunno the intended purpose of that CD, but many car stereos these days
can take a CD full of MP3 files and play 'em just like a "real" audio CD,
so you can fit a TON of material on one CD which will play for literally
hours without repeating itself. (I've got one 700MB media CD with something
in the neighborhood of 170 tracks.)