problem converting a vmware image to kvm using virt-v2v

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 10:23:42 UTC 2010

Hi,

Yes I did,

i have found my problem. I have not ESX so It does not work. I have
vmare-server.

when finally I get a normal error I get this:

virt-v2v  -f /etc/virt-v2v.conf -ic esx://192.168.1.94:8333/?no_verify=1 -o
rhev -osd 192.168.1.230:/exportDomain MACHINE1
virt-v2v: Fail to connecct to esx://192.168.1.94:8333/?no_verify=1: libvirt
error code: 1, message: internal error 192.168.1.94 is neither an ESX 3.5
host nor an ESX 4.0 host

What I´m doing now is converting the vmdk image to xen, using:

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/VMDKImage

and when I have the xen image, I use virt-v2v to convert to kvm.

I think this way i´m going to be sucessfull (although i need to make 2
conversions instead of only one)

What do you think?

ESG