Windows to Linux File Transfer (Automatically)

Mertens, Bram mertensb at mazdaeur.com
Mon Oct 25 08:55:31 UTC 2010

I would recommend against FTP as it (at least with all ftp clients I've seen and used) doesn't provide clear feedback in case of problems.  At least not by means of return codes etc. you can check on.

I've seen several implementations where the output is parsed to implement some form of checking.

Using rsync would also be recommendation.  As stated it allows to use a secure connection, is robust and if conversion from dos2unix is needed simply add it as a step in the cron job.
I haven't tested this but if I remember correctly dos2unix doesn't touch binary files or files which are already in unix format.  So it's safe to run on a bunch of files after every run.

Regards

Bram

Mazda Motor Logistics Europe NV, Blaasveldstraat 162, B-2830 Willebroek
VAT BE 0406.024.281, RPR Mechelen, ING  310-0092504-52, IBAN : BE64 3100 0925 0452, SWIFT : BBRUBEBB