Windows to Linux File Transfer (Automatically)

sunhux G sunhux at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 12:59:07 UTC 2010

pscp or psftp do not support "ASCII" mode transfer which is available in ftp
- this was a shortcoming I faced when transferring files between Windows &
  Unix boxes.  pscp/psftp doesn't support "APPEND" mode too while ftp does.

Having said that ftp does not transfer data as securely as 'scp' or 'sftp'

winscp supports "ASCII" though & I think if you're transferring a whole
subdirectory of files, winscp will detect which file to be transferred in
ASCII & which in Binary.