Windows to Linux File Transfer (Automatically)

sunhux G sunhux at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 02:39:38 UTC 2010

Thanks vm David.

> rsync -e ssh -a somelocalfile someuser at someremotehost:/somepath/somefile
Does the above command convert from MSDOS text file to Unix text file
(ie perform 'ASCII") ?

> I don't think ascii mode has any important meaning when transferring files
> from windows to linux when you expect to continue to use the file on
> windows.

It's important to me because the datafiles transferred will be used on Unix
subsequently.

Will appreciate if anyone/you tell me where do I insert "dos2unix" &
"unix2dos" in the above rsync or ssh+cat command (for both ftp
get & put equivalents).

Thanks again