Windows to Linux File Transfer (Automatically)

sunhux G sunhux at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 03:12:42 UTC 2010

Thanks Humphrey, I did mention about Winscp earlier in the thread.

What I needed is something that runs in Linux at command line level
(so that I can put in crontab).  I do have winscp & I'm aware winscp
can handle 'ascii'.  The fact that winscp has 'ascii' built in goes to
show 'ascii' mode is still useful.

Due to network/security design, my Linux box has to be initiating
party (ie the client) to the remote Windows box (ie the server) to
get & put files.  So I'll need something on my Linux box that can
do scp/sftp (or rsync via ssh; or ssh+cat+) with 'ascii' mode as
our current ftp method of transferring files has been mandated to
be replaced by scp/sftp/ssh

Tks