Windows to Linux File Transfer (Automatically)

sunhux G sunhux at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 15:06:16 UTC 2010

> lftp -c 'open -e "mirror <remote_dir> <local_dir>/" <bookmark>'
Glad that lftp can be scripted

> You can also lftp. For more info: http://lftp.yar.ru/
I've browsed above link & it says nothing about ASCII nor Append
modes equivalent of ftp.  In fact I'm highly doubtful that with sftp
protocol, lftp would support ASCII & APPEND modes

>'man smbclient'
I think samba client helps with files transfer between Unix & Windows
but in my case, my customer only permits tcp22 (ie ssh & sftp)
traffic (currently it's ftp but this is going to be replaced) between
my Linux box & their Windows box; no Netbios nor any other ports.

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-July/089454.html
The above link indicates that ASCII mode is not supported