setting high temperature threshold before server self reboot

Fran Garcia franchu.garcia at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 15:02:36 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 15:55, sunhux G <sunhux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to increase the threshold before an RHES 4.x self reboot?
>
> And is there any command to check this threshold temperature & the current
> server's temperature so that I can write a script to alert me before it
> reaches
> the threshold & reboot (which will cause service disruption) :

This is an HP Proliant question, rather than a RHEL question :-) . I'd
suggest reading all the Proliant Support Pack (PSP) software
documentation, and having a look at:

# hplog -t
ID     TYPE        LOCATION      STATUS    CURRENT  THRESHOLD
 1  ADM1022      Processor Zone  Normal    87F/ 31C 143F/ 62C
 2  ADM1022      CPU (1)         Normal    86F/ 30C 163F/ 73C
 3  ADM1022      I/O Zone        Normal   100F/ 38C 154F/ 68C
 4  ADM1022      CPU (2)         Normal    89F/ 32C 163F/ 73C
 5  ADM1022      Pwr. Supply Bay Normal    84F/ 29C 127F/ 53C

# hplog -f
ID     TYPE        LOCATION      STATUS  REDUNDANT FAN SPEED
 1  Var. Speed   Processor Zone  Normal     Yes     Low    ( 14)
 2  Var. Speed   Processor Zone  Normal     Yes     Low    ( 14)
 3  Var. Speed   I/O Zone        Absent     No      Unknown
 4  Var. Speed   I/O Zone        Normal     Yes     Low    ( 14)
 5  Var. Speed   Processor Zone  Normal     Yes     Low    ( 14)
 6  Var. Speed   Processor Zone  Normal     Yes     Low    ( 14)
 7  Var. Speed   Pwr. Supply Bay Normal     Yes     Low    ( 14)
 8  Var. Speed   Pwr. Supply Bay Absent     No      Unknown

# hplog -p
ID     TYPE        LOCATION      STATUS  REDUNDANT
 1  Standard     Pwr. Supply Bay Normal     Yes
 2  Standard     Pwr. Supply Bay Normal     Yes

# hpasmcli -s 'show iml'

If you have it installed, try poking around in the System Management
Homepage (HP SMH), https://yourserver:2381

Cheers