yum update error

Vimal vimal7370 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 06:20:38 UTC 2010

On 09/30/2010 12:51 AM, Kevin Kempter wrote:
> ok, thanks
>

>> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Whitney, Matthew<mwhitney at pima.edu>
>>
> wrote:
>
>>> I've found a "yum clean all" will clear this issue. I believe it is a
>>> caching issue.
>>>
>> yum clean all can also cause this issue when the upstream metadata
>> isn't correct. It seems there is a delay between when the new packages
>> are dropped into the channels and when the metadata is rebuilt. During
>> the time it is rebuilding I think you'll see this error. And if that
>> is what is happening there isn't anything you can do but wait and try
>> again later.
>>
>> John

Unless you have not made any changes in python and yum-related packages
recently, most of the yum issues should get fixed with:

# rm -rf /var/cache/yum/*
# yum clean all

--
Regards,
Vimal Kumar K

| vimalZworld.com * technomenace.com * twitter.com/vimal7370 |
| E: vimal7370 at gmail dot com             P: +919947450760 |