Installing VirtualBox in RHEL5

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Mon Sep 6 13:53:25 UTC 2010

Haridas, Rijeshk (NSN - IN/Bangalore) wrote:
> We have an usecase to install virtualbox on our RHEL5 server.
> I downloaded the latest 64 bit binary ie,
> VirtualBox-3.2-3.2.8_64453_rhel5-1.x86_64.rpm and did rpm -ivh <rpm name>.
>
> Its showing the below error .Can anyone help me out.it seems some library
> is missing.

I do minimal installations, and the only required packages to
build VirtualBox are gcc and kernel-devel.

Did you know you can add a yum repo for VirtualBox?  Save this
file in /etc/yum.repos:

  wget http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/rpm/rhel/virtualbox.repo

Then import the key for the repo:

  wget http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc
  rpm --import oracle_vbox.asc && rm -f oracle_vbox.asc