sendmail domain configuration

Glenn glenn at mail.txwes.edu
Tue Sep 14 21:36:38 UTC 2010

Jack - You could try putting the DNS name of your server in the /etc/hosts
file on the server, like this (assuming the server name is "mx"):

127.0.0.1   mx  mx.my_domain.com  localhost.localdomain localhost

Sendmail seems to use the hosts file to create some header information.  Also
make sure to put the fully-qualified server name in /etc/mail/local-host-
names .

Use CBL to troubleshoot: http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi   -Glenn.