Re: sendmail domain configuration

I should have added that you can get troublshooting info by checking the
bounce notice when you send a message to this address:
helocheck cbl abuseat org

From: "Glenn" <glenn mail txwes edu>
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list redhat com>
Sent: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:36:38 -0500
Subject: Re: sendmail domain configuration

Jack - You could try putting the DNS name of your server in the /etc/hosts
file on the server, like this (assuming the server name is "mx"):

127.0.0.1   mx  mx.my_domain.com  localhost.localdomain localhost

Sendmail seems to use the hosts file to create some header information.  Also
make sure to put the fully-qualified server name in /etc/mail/local-host-
names .

Use CBL to troubleshoot: http://cbl.abuseat.org/lookup.cgi   -Glenn.