Command logging after 'su'

Marti, Robert RJM002 at shsu.edu
Wed Sep 22 16:27:51 UTC 2010

Bash history is editable so effectively useless for auditing. On top of that, by default, even if they don't unset the histfile or use one of the many other ways to clear the entries, only the last exited session actually writes to the histfile. It also doesn't catch what happens if a user opens a shell through another method (ie sudo vim then open a shell).

pam auditing will catch all of that as long as audit.log is being shipped off the server.

Sent from my iPhone