Formatting/File System Freezes While Install RHEL 5.5

Georgios Magklaras georgios at biotek.uio.no
Mon Sep 27 10:38:25 UTC 2010

  On 09/27/2010 12:19 PM, Liaw Ivan wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> I'm trying to install RHEL5.5 on a box. But the installation freezed while formatting file system and stop at 99%. I did try to install it in text-mode but prompted blue screen. The messages in blue screen was unreadable. Is anyone have any suggestion on this? Thanks in advanced.
>

> Regards,
>
> Ivan

I would suggest to run a hardware diagnostic on your box, even if you
think that nothing is wrong (for that the RHEL 5.5 DVD also has a
memtest utility but your hardware manufacturer diagnostics might be
better for that purpose, including testing for other components: CPU,
thermal heating issues, disks, etc...).

GM

George Magklaras
Senior Systems Engineer/IT Manager