Formatting/File System Freezes While Install RHEL 5.5

Romeo Theriault romeotheriault at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 13:37:13 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 7:19 PM, Liaw Ivan <ivanliaw at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> I'm trying to install RHEL5.5 on a box. But the installation freezed while
formatting file system and stop at 99%. I did try to install it in text-mode
but prompted blue screen. The messages in blue screen was unreadable. Is
anyone have any suggestion on this? Thanks in advanced.

When you get to the point where the installation is stopped you might want
to try taking a look at the other virtual consoles, as they might have some
useful logged output.

   - Alt-F3 - install log (messages from install program)
   - Alt-F4 - system log (messages from kernel, etc.)
   - Alt-F5 - other messages