How to update firmware on Dell Linux machines

Matty Sarro msarro at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 14:14:05 UTC 2011

Most dell servers have the ability to boot into a firmware-based
update utility at boot time which allows you to both install linux,
configure RAID, and install firmware. This may be a possible option.

There is also a method of updating from inside the OS however I have
never been able to get it to work.