mutt / Linux mail client equivalent of Outlook rules

sunhux G sunhux at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 16:26:02 UTC 2011

In MS Outlook, we can create mail rules to move / delete
mails from a certain sender or containing a certain text
in Subject.

How can we do likewise in Linux or Linux mail client like mutt?

I'm also looking at creating a mutt / Linux mail client rule that
will detect repeated message (looping message) that's being
sent more than 10 times within 1 minute to delete away such
mails (say an 'Out-of-office' notification mails that's repeatedly
being sent to my mailbox).  Since postfix stores incoming
mails briefly only in its queue, thought addressing it from the
mailbox point of view (using the likes of 'mutt' would be better)

Sun