Difference between RHEL 5.x and RHEL6 (training question)

Paul Preston Paul.Preston at proxar.co.uk
Tue Aug 16 18:43:29 UTC 2011

Matthew,

I think that it's all dependant on your circumstances.  If you use some sophisticated software that requires specific SELinux policies and kernel settings than yes, many things have changed.. If you are running your static/simple php websites from the redhat server... don't worry it will work fine..

You can find basic description under a link below:
http://www.redhat.com/rhel/server/details/

More advanced description (with some related articles) can be found below:
http://epistolatory.blogspot.com/2010/12/rhel-6-part-iii-first-impressions-from.html

Kind Regards,
--
Paul Preston
Proxar IT Ltd. Registered in England and Wales: 6744401- VAT: 942985479