Convert CentOS 5.6 to RHEL 5.6

Georgios Magklaras georgios at biotek.uio.no
Wed Aug 24 12:40:53 UTC 2011

On 08/24/2011 02:01 PM, ESGLinux wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I suposse that there is not an easy way to do this.
>
> I´going to reinstall (I hope all applications works fine after that...)
Hope is not a good thing in system administration :-) . A plan works
better. In your CentOS environment (or elsewhere), build a kvm instance
of a RHEL5 install and test your applications before you re-install.
That way you will avoid nasty surprises with any library dependencies
that might break your applications. CentOS is essentially RHEL, is built
from the RHEL sources, but things might differ. Do spend the time to test.

Best regards,
GM

George Magklaras PhD
RHCE no: 805008309135525