Convert CentOS 5.6 to RHEL 5.6

Matty Sarro msarro at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 17:34:33 UTC 2011

Oracle linux has been pretty much blacklisted by red hat. That's why a
number of changes were done to how red hat pushes out kernel patches;
specifically to stymy their efforts. Also, having an issue responded
to within a week is horrid, especially in an enterprise environment.
Usually when I am having an issue, I need a resolution FAST.

Don't drink the oracle koolaid. Copy your /home directory and any
customized files from /etc to a safe place, and then reinstall RHEL.
The support is worth every cent.